Archaeology July 2007

In April 2007 as a result of David Jones from Manor Farm, Bredenbury, mentioning that there were at least two lost buildings within 100 metres of his present house. One was thought to be an old tithe barn, the other an old farmhouse, which was purchased by Queen Anne’s bounty in 1743, to be used as the Rectory.

The group has met and investigated this site fortnightly since April 2007 and are producing some great results. The remains of the base of the house walls are now visible again, for the first time in 150 years. Trays upon trays of finds have come to light as a result of our efforts and slowly but surely we are beginning to piece together the story of this building, but, as is usual with archaeology,  there is still some way to go.